Friday, April 16, 2010

What a Fairy Tale.

It's so hot in here. I can't stand it. The bed creeks when I move, I don't wanna wake the others. My hair is still wet and my mind is on fire with thoughts. I wonder what will happen to us. I have no money. I think he is sleep talking. That light looks like road runner. Doesn't smell to me. Maybe someday I'll meet her. Man, I am burning up in this room...Finally.

Okay, here is how we play, you go and hide and I'll come and find you. But if I find you, I win a kiss. Okay. I will hide here between the floors of my mind and the bed I am having a heat stroke in. Shh, don't move, she is here. Her feet move slowly across the wood floors. My chest is still, holding my lungs so they won't give away my hiding place. You're feet are smooth, slightly pale colored, small lines cross every space. I can see them now, they are so close to me. As one foot takes a step back and a knee drops to the floor, along with the other. I know I have been found. Slim lips greet me with a small smile biting the lip and a crinkled nose with a freckle here and there. Hair golden, thick, with a smell of home. "I got you, and we had a deal, so I win my prize". With a soft breeze across my nose, come and find me now. A small laugh and a skip down the hall, looking over her shoulder. It is my turn to play now...

Alarms from a cop car drives by, the sun drives into my eyes. The sound of silence is untouched in the air. My body unmoved for hours. Hair, a mess, for each one had it's own place to be. Eyes, crusty, dry, with a slight fog. My bed shakes slowly to the beat of my heart, pumping through my body. A strange noise fills the air and startles slightly, the mail slips through the door in another room. The day is just starting. I better get up.

No comments:

Post a Comment