Thursday, April 8, 2010

Question Me.

You know those questions you get in your mind about someone when you meet them? Like the questions, who are you friends with, where do you live, age, name, you know all those kind of questions. But once you become their friend, the questions keep coming, some deeper, some shallow. either way, life is full of questions. Friends, Family, boss, that random guy that needs help finding out how to get to the subway. You will be attacked by all sides. The questions made like men, with combat boots and rifles, tanks and planes. Advancing on all sides. But somehow, no matter what the question, you make it out alive.

Now, there are always those questions for your friends that you don't know how to ask. The ones that really do lay on the line. Not those questions like "Oh, who is she dating now" or "I heard...ect". I'm talking about those questions you can't even sum up to question. the ones you put away when you think about. The one you say "I'll ask at a better time". The one your friendships depend on.

You know, friendship is a funny thing. Like you go out of your way to help someone. Say things to protect someone. Stand up for someone that your not really sure about.

Lately, I have come across this realization that friendship, I mean real friendship. Not the Cracker-Jack-Prize-In-a-Box friendship, is truly a hard thing to come by these times. I really think friendship isn't full of questions, its full of talking. What I mean by that is, you don't need to ask these off the wall questions. they should be able to tell you knowing, that they can be welcomed with open arms.

I have found that I have questioned so much, my whole life. makes me wonder sometimes.....
I have been pressed against the wall with questions, makes me wonder as well.

Friend, I tell you now that a chapter is coming to a close in my life, and a new one is over the horizon.

From the cold air of Sweden,
~P

1 comment:

  1. Dear Paul,

    Daddy told me that you had a BLOG!! Of course, that wasn't what he called it.... silly man. He's not the brightest computer person on the block. He's reading it but I doubt he's figured out how to comment on it....

    I hope that everything is good with you in Sweden. Daddy and I can't wait to pick you and Mandi up next Sunday!!! Dad's taking Sunday night off from church, so we will be there with bells on!!!

    As always, I get confused by your writings and often wonder if there are hidden meanings.

    Oh, oh.... I have talked to BPC about dual enrollment for you next year. We will discuss it when you get home.

    I love you - much.

    Momma

    ReplyDelete