Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Home is where the heart is.

I've heard a lot of things are good for the soul. But few actually turn out to be true. I would have to say that traveling is definitely considered to be one of the highest in soul growing. Meeting new people, saying new things, eating new things, seeing new places.

I've also heard that "getting there is half the fun". That also turns out to be true. It might be just you alone, on a journey to the store or across the world. Or grab a loved one or a few friends and high-tail it across the start or to the beach!

But when you are away from long periods of time, you began to feel what most people call "Home Sick". This sensation comes from the deepest part or your stomach and travels through the blood line, and under the skin.
As people know, my trip was suppose to be 19 days long, but that has turned into 28 days. Hopefully there is not +(plus) sign on the end of the 28. So while I sleep on my make shift bed of bars and springs, washing clothes so I have things to wear, using my money wisely, and learning to speak Swedish.
I have told myself home is where the heart is, wherever you hang your hat at, wherever your being is, I am There. I must remind myself to be here than somewhere else. To be there for others and myself in order to enjoy myself and the others around me.
So remember, to always enjoy yourself and others in the place you are in. With a harmonious state of mind, and stay awake for the whole ride!

Cheers!
~Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment