Sunday, February 21, 2010

I've never met you before...

Lately it has been interesting to me. I have been talking and meeting people I don't even know in real life. I guess that might sound strange, but I know friends of theirs that are good friends of mine. So I guess in a way, I know them. But if you thought that was strange, get this. I have found comfort in talking to a almost complete stranger. I like knowing whatever I tell them won't come back to haunt me. Although that might not be full proof, in my mind, it is.
I feel I can say or tell them anything. Feel confident in who I am and who they are. I never really understood my connection to people. People have been telling me lately that I am easy to get along with, comforting, relaxed, a hiding place. That's all I have ever wanted to be, a safe zone away from evil, darkness, pain.

I think the reason I am comforting to people is because I have been through what they are just going through. I always self inflicted drama or pain, chaos and sadness upon myself. To prep my mental stability to help people. I mean it's true, we build up our life around safety routines. But I built mine to be exposed to it. So when darkness lurks between the cracks of my friends walls, I will be there to stop it.

"Chaos is a friend of mine." ~ Bob Dylan

1 comment:

  1. yeah. that is the case.
    mad respect for the zimmerman quote.
    goodnight.

    ReplyDelete